The Faculty Executive heads the faculty and consists of the Dean, the Vice Dean and the Dean of Studies. The Dean and Vice Dean are elected for a period of two years. The Dean of Studies is elected for a three-year term. The responsibilities of the executive are set forth in Articles 38 through 40 of the Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHIG).
The Dean represents the faculty in all matters internal and external, serves as the point of contact for public relations, acts as spokesperson and is responsible for ensuring implementation of the faculty's decisions (in accordance with the Bavarian Higher Education Act).
The Vice Dean for Research, Transfer and International Affairs is the Dean's deputy and chairs the Board of Examiners for Doctoral Awards. In addition, he or she is the person to contact for research concerns and knowledge transfer matters as well as for early career researchers.
The Dean of Studies
- Ensures that the courses offered are in accordance with the examination and study regulations, that the course can be properly completed within the standard period of study and that the students are adequately supervised,
- is responsible for the evaluation of teaching, including student evaluations,
- Reports regularly to the dean and at least once a semester to the faculty council and the university management on his or her work,
- shall submit an annual report on teaching (teaching report) to the Faculty Council in a non-personalised form,
- submits proposals to the Dean for the use of funds available for teaching,
- shall comment on the pedagogical suitability of applicants in appointment procedures.