- 27.04.2023 Mirjam Le, University of Passau:
"The Peri-Urban City: Cargo Cult Urbanism, Porosity and an Emerging Urban Citizenship in Vietnamese Secondary Cities."
- 04.05.2023 Florian Reinold, Heinrich Böll Stiftung, Berlin:
"The German Political Foundations: Unique Instruments for National Democracy Building and International Development Work."
- 10.05.2023 Felix Wemheuer, University of Cologne:
"China and the War in Ukraine"
- 25.05.2023 Swathi Manalodiparambil, Central European University (CEU), Vienna:
"Conserving by Tilling: Landless Laborers and Agrobiodiversity Conservation in Wayanad, India"
- 15.06.2023 Simon Rowedder, University of Passau:
"Cross-Border Traders in Northern Laos: Mastering Smallness"
- 26.01.2023 Solomon Addisu, Habtamu Assaye;
Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia
Halimu Shauri, Maarifa Mwakumanya;
Pwani University, Kenya
Marianne Maghenda; Taita Taveta University, Kenya
Maria Fungomeli; National Museums of Kenya,
Coastal Forests Conservation Unit, Kilifi, Kenya (in cooperation with the Chair of Physical Geography with a focus on Human-Environment Research, Prof. Dr. Christine Schmitt):
"Cultural Traditions and Biodiversity Conservation: Insights from Ethopia and Kenya."
- 22.06.2023 Christina Sathyamala, International Institute of Social Studies, The Hague:
"Stepping Stones into Thamirabarani River in South India: A Feminist Political Ecology Inquiry"
- 29.06.2023 Paul S. Ciccantell, Western Michigan University (in cooperation with the Professorship for American Studies/Cultural and Media Studies, Prof. Dr. Karsten Fitz):
"Energy Raw Materials, Energy Transitions, and Geopolitics"
- 06.07.2023 Aum Neko, Paris:
"Social Movements through the Lens of Intersectional Feminism: from Thailand to World Politics"
- 13.07.2023 Panitda Saiyarod, University of Cologne:
"Retrofitting the Mekong River: Community-Based Environmental Response to Chinese Transnational Infrastructure in a Thai Border Town"
- 20.07.2023 Wolfram Schaffar, University of Passau:
"Law and Development in Bhutan – The Jingme Shingye Wangchuk School of Law"
- 10.11.2022 Su Mon San, ZEF and Bonn University:
"Is development and a sustainable land use on the agricultural frontier possible through agroforestry-based community forestry? A study in Myanmar."
- 17.11.2022 Prof. Khayaat Fakier, Institute of Social Sciences Den Haag:
"Caring Connections told through four stories."
- 24.11.2022 Fausto Ignatov, Rachel Carson Centre and LMU:
"Reciprocal Shaping or Conditioning? Debating the Materiality and Discourse of Natural Resources in Ecuadorian Development Policies"
- 01.12.2022 Dr. Paulina Trejo Mendez, Bonn University:
"Rethinking methodology: Decolonial methodological approaches in development studies."
- 15.12.2022 Huiying Ng, Rachel Carson Centre and LMU:
"Soil as a body of work in Thailand and beyond: reading land/thidin futures through an agroecological learning assemblage."
- 26.01.2023 Dr. Atakan Büke, Leibzig University:
"Digitalization of the Agrarian Question in the 21st Century: Insights from “Agriculture 4.0” Policies and Politics in Turkey."
- 02.02.2023 Dr. Prathiwi Widyatmi Putri, Kassel University:
"From Conflict to Co-production: A Grassroots-Led Model of Polycentric Water Governance in the Postcolonial South."
- 09.02.2023 Mark Philip Stadler, University of Copenhagen:
"Urban Transformation from the Kampung. Urban Poor Activists’ Struggles against Hegemonic Urban Structures & Authoritarian-Populist Urbanism"
- 05.05.2022 Christa Wichterich, University of Kassel: "Heroines Needed! Transnational Care Chains and Care Extractivism during the Covid-19 Pandemic"
- 19.05.2022 Felix Mallin, University of Copenhagen: "The Blue Economy Paradigm: A Shock Doctrine for the Global Oceans?"
- 02.06.2022 Phill Wilcox, Bielefeld University: "The Price of Development – A View from Laos"
- 09.06.2022 Alexander Horstmann, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg: "Vernacular Resistance in the Borderlands of
Thailand and Myanmar"
- 23.06.2022 Oliver Tappe, University of Heidelberg: "Contested Resource Frontiers in Southeast Asia: Insights from Upland Laos"
- 14.07.2022 Stefanie Siebenhütter, Waseda University, Tokyo: "Digital Presence of Small Languages without Writing Systems: The Multilingual Kui in Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia"
- 21.07.2022 Christoph Antweiler, University of Bonn: "The Anthropocene as Fact and as Narrative
- 28.07.2022 Wimonsiri Hemtanon, Mahidol University, Thailand: "Social Safety Net : Social Capital of Bangkok Homelessness during COVID-19"
- 04.11.2021 Rey Louis Adeva Montesclaros, University of the Philippines, Diliman: "How the Spaniards Won in Marawi but Lost in Cavite: Northern Mindanao Rancherias in the Twilight of Spanish Empire"
- 25.11.2021 Silvia Mayasari-Hoffert, Goethe University of Frankfurt: "Literary Representation of the Red Scare in Indonesia"
- 09.12.2021 Andreas Thiel and Ariane Götz, University of Kassel: "Agroecological Transitions through the Lens of Normative Polycentric Governance Conditions. The Case of Tunisia"
- 20.01.2022 Sanchali Sarkar, Basanti Devi College, Kolkata, India, "Situated Intersectionality and Translocality: Studying South Asian Women’s Travel Experiences in Germany"
- 10.02.2022 Daniel Bultmann, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, "Reproduction and Change in the Cambodian
Field of Power"
- 06.05.2021 Jakub Hruby, The Oriental Institute, Department of East Asia, Prague, "China’s Buddhist Diplomacy towards South and Southeast Asia"
- 27.05.2021 Alexander Mewes + Johanna Hansmann, Centre for Rural Development, Berlin, "Food Security in Cape Town SA – Outcomes of the SLE / Centre for Rural Development Training Programme"
- 10.06.2021 Florence Dafe, Technical University of Munich (TUM) + Lena Rethel, University of Warwick: "Domestic Banking Systems and the Contingent Nature of the Structural Power of Finance in
- 17.06.2021 Monika Arnez, Institute for Social Anthropology,
University of Bern, "Exploring Land Reclamation in Malaysia through Visual Documentation"
- 24.06.2021 Daniel May, GIZ Germany, "Multistakehoder Initiatives in Banana Supply Chains"
- 01.07.2021 Oona Morrow, Rural Sociology, Wageningen‚ University & Research, "Careful Circularity for an Urban Food Commons?"
- 08.07.2021 Alfred Gerstl, Department of Asian Studies, Palacký
University Olomouc (Czech Republic), "Sinophone Borderlands – Research on China’s
Relations with Asia and Europe in the Czech Republic"
- 15.07.2021 Mirjam Lücking, Social Anthropology in The Martin Buber Society of Fellows (MBSF), Hebrew University of Jerusalem, "Indonesian Tourism to Jerusalem: Competition and Cooperation on Muslim and Christian Pathways"
- 19.11.2020 Wening Udasmoro, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta and Elisabeth Prügl, Graduate Institute, Geneva, "No Matter What – I’ve Got Rights’: Women’s Land Grab Protests in Banyuwangi, East Java"
- 26.11.2020 Roger Casas, Institute for Social Anthropology,
Vienna, "The Will to Ignore: Reflections on Science, Culture, and How the Tai Lue of Sipsong Panna Tackled the Coronavirus Crisis"
- 10.12.2020 Sabrina Hoffmann, Municipal Development Policy, District of Passau, "Communal Development and Sustainability in the City and District of Passau"
- 17.12.2020 Werner Kraus, Center for Southeast Asian Art, Passau, "Art, Anthropology and Crime in Malaya, 1937 – 1942"
- 21.01.2021 Marlene Gomez Becerra, Free University of Berlin, "Governing Food as a Commons through Urban Community Kitchens. The Cases of Berlin and Barcelona"
- 28.01.2021 Petra Dannecker, University of Vienna, "Transdisciplinarity ‘Meets’ Power Structures:
Challenges and Experiences of a Capacity Building Project on Transdisciplinarity"
- 04.02.2021 Kerstin Schiele, University of Koblenz, "Questions of Belonging in the Context of Diaspora Tourism. The Case of Vietnamese Living in German"
- 11.02.2021 Monika Arnez, University of Hamburg, "Exploring Land Reclamation in Malaysia
through Visual Documentation"
- 04.06.2020 Andreas Lange, GIZ Eschborn, "An Introduction to GIZ: Our Work in Rural Development, Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security"
- 25.06.2020 Iliana Monterroso Ibarra, Institut de Ciència I Tecnologia Ambientals, Barcelona, "Mobilizing Change for Women within Collective Tenure Regimes"
- 16.07.2020 Dian Ekowati, University of Brighton, WEGO, "A Gendered Discourse Analysis of Care and
Family Farms in Indonesian Oil Palm"
- 23.07.2020 Leonor Veiga, University of Lisbon, "Southeast Asian Environmental Art Practices
from the 1990s to Today"
- 31.10.2019 Christa Hainz, Ifo Institute, Munich, "Credit Contracts, Collateral and Culture: Gender Differences"
- 07.11.2019 Rainer Einzenberger, University of Vienna, "Current and Future Research Perspectives
on Frontiers in Upland Myanmar"
- 21.11.2019 Sanchali Sarkar, Basanti Devi College, Kolkata, "The Precarious Condition of Women
Commuters: A Study of the Matribhumi Train in West Bengal, India"
- 28.11.2019 Janina Danneberg, Leuphana University of Lüneburg, "Collective Land Ownership and the Crisis
of the (Re)Productive"
- 05.12.2019 Sandra Manickam, University of Rotterdam, "Racial Narrations in the Malay Archipelago
during the Greater East Asia War"
- 12.12.2019 Saba Joshi, Graduate Institute, Geneva, "Gendered Repertoires of Contention:
Women‘s Mobilizations over Land Dispossession in Authoritarian Cambodia"
- 19.12.2019 Amanda tho Seeth, Philipps-University of Marburg, "Indonesian State Islamic Academia as a
Political Actor: From Local to Global Outreach"
- 16.01.2020 Srinivasa Reddy Srigiri, German Development
Institute, Bonn, "Governance Mechanisms for Achieving Water,
Food and Energy Securities: Ensuring Policy Coherence for Implementing Agenda 2030"
- 23.01.2020 Philipp Bruckmayr, University of Vienna, "Arab-descended Ruling Houses of Southeast Asia"
- 30.01.2020 Erhard Berner, Institute of Social Studies, The Hague, "Helping a Large Number of People Become a Little Less Poor: The Logic of Survival Entrepreneurs"
- 06.02.2020 Kerstin Schiele, University of Applied Sciences, Koblenz, "The Migration – Tourism Connection: Questions of Belonging in the Context of Diaspora Tourism"
- 08.05.2019 Joachim Nieß, Goethe University of Frankfurt, "Media and Literature in Late Colonial Indonesia"
- 29.05.2019 Roger Casas, Institute for Social Anthropology, Vienna, "Dreams, Desires and Needs: Reflections on Economic Transformations and Agency in the Upper Mekong Borderlandss"
- 05.06.2019 Erhard Berner, Institute of Social Studies, The Hague, "Helping a Large Number of People Become a Little Less Poor: The Logic of Survival Entrepreneurs"
- 12.06.2019 Elke Ahrens, Intercultural Training & Consulting, Stuttgart, "Triple Win – Fishing for Nurses in the Philippines"
- 19.06.2019 Janina Danneberg, Leuphana University of Lüneburg, "Collective Land Ownership and the Crisis of the (Re)Productive"
- 26.06.2019 Melanie Hackenfort, University of Koblenz-Landau, "The Comfort of Modern Housing and its
Challenges – Ethnographic Insights into a Resettlement Project in the Philippines"
- 17.07.2019 Christina Sathyamala, Institute of Social Studies, The Hague, "Meat and Non-Meat: The Cultural Politics of Food"
- 24.07.2019 Kho Suet Nie, University of Kebagsaan Malaysia & Wimonsiri Hemtanon, Mahidol University, Bangkok, "Social Media in Southeast Asia"
04.05.2017:Danny Morrison, Author, writer and commentator, Northern Ireland: The Irish Hunger Strike and Prison Protests
19.10.2015: Prof. Dr. Sumathi Rajesh, University of Chennai, India "Cultural Underprinnings in Consumerism. A Pattern in Community Food Consumption"
21.10.2015: Kadek Krishna Adidharma, Bali, Indonesia "Books beyond Borders - How Southeast Asian Writing Navigates through History, Language and Ethnic Boundaries"
28.10.2015: Dr. Andras Varsanyi, City Museum of Munich "Gamelan Bali - Teamwork in Music"
11.11.2015: Dr. Werner Kraus, Southeast Asian Art Center, "Nachlese Frankfurter Buchmesse: Indonesien als Ehrengast"
09.12.2015: Dr. Patricia Fry, Wissensmanagement Umwelt, Zürich, Switzerland "A Transdisciplinary Method to Enhance Sustainability"
27.01.2016: Dr. Suraya Affif, Depok, University of Indonesia "The Environmental Rationals and Land Management in Indonesia: A Case Study of REDD+
13.05.2015: Dr. Mai Lin Tjoa-Bonatz, Goethe-University of Frankfurt "Contested Ownership of Shipqrecks. Sunken heritage in Indonesia"
27.05.2015: Diana Jantakad, Maejo University, Thailand "Information über die Maejo Universität"
03.06.2015: Dr. Tim Kaiser, University of Gießen "Translocal spacial change in Vinh City: International cooperation in urban development beyond formal structures"
16.06.2015: Prof. Dr. Yunita T. Winarto, University of Indonesia "Transdisciplinarity in Praxis 'Science Field Shops' in Indonesia to cope with climate change"
09.04.2014: Dr. Werner Kraus, Southeast Asian Art Center "Rabindranath Tagore's Journey to Java and Bali (1927)"
23.04.2014: Philipp Bruckmayr, University of Vienna: "On the Fatwa in Southeast Asia"
23.04.2014: Anna Rosmus, Author and Historian from Wisconsin: "Methoden der Datenerhebung zu sensitiven Themen am Beispiel Passau"
21.05.2014: Arahmaiani Feisal, Indonesian Artist: "Art, Environment and Social Transformation"
04.06.2014: Tim Kaiser, Justus-Liebig-University Gießen: "Socialist Educational Transfer: The Case of the Central Complementary Education for Workers and Peasants School in Hanoi, Vietnam (1955-1964)"
24.06.2014: Prof. Dr. Phattharathanit Srichomthong, Maejo University: "Lanna Today: Indentity in Multilingualism"
01.07.2014: David Wharton, Digital Library of Lao Manuscripts Projekt: "Tai Nuea Vernacular Literature"
16.10.2013: Prof. Dr. Sumathi Rajesh, University of Madras: “Can Religion Intervene for Social Justice in the name of Positive Discrimination? A Case of Dalit Converts”
22.10.2013: Prof. Dr. Mark Thompson, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg: “Corruption, Reform and Electoral Democracy in the Philippines and Thailand”
13.11.2013: Conference „Indonesiens Übergang zur Demokratie. Die Präsidentschaft Habibies”
- Dr. Jusuf Habibie, President of Indonesia ret.
- Dr. Heinrich Seemann, Ambassador ret.
- Prof. Dr. Bernhard Dahm
20.11.2013: Prof. Dr. Margret Wong, University of Yangon: “Understanding Myanmar past and present”
27.11.2013: Niklas Reese, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University Bonn: “No Call for Action? Why There Is No Union (Yet) in Philippine Call Centers”
02.12.2013: Prof. Dr. Mo Mo Thant, University of Yangon: “The urbanization of Amarapura”
04.12.2013: Prof. Dr. Petra Dannecker, University of Vienna: “The construction of migrant workers and refugees in light of the political change in Myanmar”
29.01.2014: Sergiu Constantin, Institute of Minority Rights, Bozen: “A comparative approach to minorities in South Tyrol and Southern Thailand”